There are several reasons why you might see this alert or similar alerts on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you see an alert, learn what to do. Here’s when these alerts might appear:
- Your accessory is defective, damaged, or not Apple-certified.
- The accessory isn’t supported by your device.
- Your iOS device has a dirty or damaged connector.
Try these steps to fix the issue:
- Update to the latest version of iOS
Some accessories might require the latest version of iOS. Make sure that you update to the latest version of iOS.
- Make sure the accessory is compatible
If this is the first time that you tried to use the accessory, make sure that it works with your device. Some accessories only work with certain models of iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. If you aren’t sure, contact the manufacturer.
- Check the connections
Disconnect and reconnect the accessory to see if the alert goes away. If it continues to appear, check the connectors on the accessory and your device for damage or debris. If necessary, gently remove the debris and clean the connectors on your device.
Note: Some tips to clean your iOS product:
Apple products are made with a variety of materials, and each product might have specific cleaning requirements which vary by the part you’re cleaning.
- Use only a soft, lint-free cloth. Avoid abrasive cloths, towels, paper towels, and similar items that might cause damage.
- Unplug all external power sources, devices, and cables.
- Keep liquids away from the product.
- Don’t get moisture into any openings.
- Don’t use aerosol sprays, solvents, or abrasives.
- Don’t spray cleaners directly onto the item.
- If you see this alert and don’t have any accessories connected, contact Apple Support.
Where can I buy Apple accessories?
- Pick up at an Apple Store: Buy online and pick up available items in a few minutes
- Free next-day delivery: On in stock items ordered by 3 p.m. on December 21.
- Get special financing and $50 in gift cards: Apply for the Barclaycard Visa with Apple Rewards
- Apple Store app: A more personal way to shop for the latest Apple products and accessories.