I’ve heard that all of my text messages are backed up to the iCloud. How do I find these messages without restoring the backup file? Any help will be greatly appreciated!
When the phone locks, charges and links Wi-Fi, iCloud may automatically backup. If you ever backed it up while the messages were still on it, the messages would be included in the backup. As far as finding your messages, your backup is a special type of SQL file that is used for the specific purpose of restoring an iOS device. But all other data will also be set back to the point in time when the backup has been taken. You cannot browse through the content of your backup to view/read your messages in a usual way. In this circumstance, you may turn to a professional third-party tool for help. Fortunately, there’s a powerful and reliable iOS backup extractor called iFonebox that can certainly help you locate the backed up messages on iCloud without making a fully restore.
Here’re some main features of the program:
- Three independent working modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- It can be used to recover/download 17 file types like contacts, notes, photos, videos, voice memos, safari history, call logs, calendar events, WeChat data, WhatsApp data, etc.
- It’s quite easy to use and totally safe
- You are allowed to download the free trial version to read texts backed up on iCloud
- Selectively recovery without losing any existing data on your device
- It works for a large arrange of iOS devices and iOS operating systems, including iPhone X and the latest iOS 12
Before we start the instructions, you need to download the program to your computer. iFonebox has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer. Once you have installed the program, next I will show you how to access and extract text messages from iCloud backup.
Step one: Run iFonebox and enter your Apple ID
Run the program, then just click the “Recover from iCloud Backup” at the top right of the software. You’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID account and password correctly.
Step two: Download data from iCloud backup
After you have selected an iCloud backup to download, it will start the downloading process. You can select all to download.
Step three: Scan data
Click on “Messages” icon to start scanning automatically. It will take some time, you should wait patiently.
Step four: Preview and download data
Now you can select the texts you want and click “Recover to pc” or “Recover to device”, then the instruction is accomplished.