I am a new iPhone user. Since my iPhone has just 32 GB in it, I’m having storage issues with it! What do you suppose I should do? Backing up all my photos at google photos (which is free) or back up on iCloud (which has 5GB limit)? Does anyone can help? Any suggestion will be greatly appreciated!
You may want to back up your iPhone data due to lots of reasons, this can help you not only release more storage space, but also prevent data loss. What’s the best way to back up your iPhone data? Actually, it all depends on which service you prefer overall. Here we are going to share three ways with you, you can choose one of your favorite ways.
Method one: Back your device to iTunes
- Just open iTunes and connect your device to your computer
- Select your device when it appears in iTunes then click “Back up now”
- When the process ends, you can see if the backup finished successfully on the Summary screen in iTunes
Note: iTunes will back your entire phone up and the progress may take a long time. Besides, you cannot view detailed information from the backup.
Method two: Sync your device to iCloud
- Connect your device to a Wi-Fi network
- Go to Settings > [your name], and tap iCloud. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings, then scroll down and tap iCloud
- Tap iCloud Backup. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Backup. Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on
- Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes
Note: When you sign in to iCloud, you get 5GB of iCloud storage for free. If you need more iCloud storage, you can buy more from your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac. Plans start at 50GB for $0.99 (USD) a month.
Method three: Turn to iFonebox for help
iFonebox is a professional backup application which can help you transfer as many as 17 types of data like contacts, photos, voice memos, calendar events, text messages, WeChat data, WhatsApp data, etc. It’s easy to use and completely safe. Compared to iTunes or iCloud, there’re some main advantages:
- You’re allowed to selectively back your needed data up
- It can be done in a very short time
- The amount of data depends on the size of your computer disk
- After the progress, you can easily view the data on your computer at any time
There are two versions available: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to download and install the suitable version for your computer. Then just follow these simple steps to back up your data.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you’ll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
Take WhatsApp messages for example, it will scan automatically after you click the “WhatsApp Messages” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Back up data
After the scan completes, a list of messages will show up on your program interface. Now you can transfer them, choose the items you want to back up and click the “Recover to pc”.