I bought 200 GB iCloud storage and it says I can share with my family. So please tell me how can I share this storage plan with family? Thank you for your time!
Method one: Share an iCloud storage plan with your family
With Family Sharing, you can share a single iCloud storage plan with up to five other family members. When you share a storage plan, your photos and documents stay private and everyone keeps using their own accounts with iCloud—just like when you have your own storage plan. Here’re the steps:
- Before you begin, you need to update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Share a storage plan with your existing family:
- Go to Settings > [your name].
- Tap Family Sharing.
- Tap iCloud Storage.
- Follow the steps to share your existing plan, or if necessary, upgrade to a 200GB or 2TB plan.
- Use Messages to let any family members with an existing paid storage plan know that they can now switch to your shared storage plan.
- When you share your iCloud storage, any family members using the free 5GB plan are added to your family plan automatically.
- If a family member is already paying for their own iCloud storage plan, they can choose to switch to your plan or keep their own and still remain part of the family. They can’t keep their current plan and use the shared family plan at the same time.
Method two: Downgrade your iCloud storage
When you downgrade your iCloud storage plan, the storage decrease takes effect after your current monthly or annual subscription ends. If you downgrade or cancel your plan and your stored iCloud content exceeds your available storage, new photos and videos don’t upload to iCloud Photos, files don’t upload in iCloud Drive, Messages in iCloud don’t update, and your iOS devices don’t back up. You can also downgrade to the free iCloud Storage plan. Here we introduce the way to decrease your iCloud storage plan from your iPhone/iPad/iPod touch:
- Go to Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Manage Storage or iCloud Storage. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage.
- Tap Change Storage Plan.
- Tap Downgrade Options and enter your Apple ID password.
- Choose a different plan.
- Tap Done.