Part one: What should I do if I unable to successfully update iPhone x to iOS 12.1.2?
- If you see an error when you update your device via iTunes:
- Get the latest version of iTunes for your computer.
- Install updates for your Mac. If you have a PC, get updates from Microsoft.
- Plug directly into your computer, not into an attached keyboard or USB hub.
- Turn off your computer and your device. Then turn them on again.
- Make sure that your device, Apple, and iTunes can communicate.
- Make sure that iTunes can communicate with the Apple software-update servers.
- Check your third-party security software. You might need to update, change, or uninstall software that could be interfering with your computer’s connection with iTunes.
- If you see error 4037, iTunes is unable to update your iOS device because it’s passcode locked and the device wasn’t unlocked for the update or restore. Unlock your device and try again.
- If you tried these steps and saw the error again, follow the steps for your error code.
- If you still see an error, contact Apple Support.
- If you see an error when updating wirelessly
- Keep your device connected to a power source.
- Make sure there’s enough space on your iPhone X
If there isn’t enough space to download and install an update, iOS will try to make space. It will remove only app data that it can download again and doesn’t remove or relocate any of your data. If your device still doesn’t have enough space, you should delete some data manually.
- Avoid downloading other content and use a Wi-Fi network if you can
- Try updating your device using another network or update your device with iTunes.
Part two: How to avoid data loss before I upgrade my device?
What happens when you realize that you have accidentally deleted those WhatsApp messages that are of value to you? It simply a nightmare to say the least. The easiest way to keep them safe is to back them up. iFonebox is designed to help iOS users to back up target data from iPhone.