The photos, music, apps, and other content that you use and enjoy on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch take up space on your device’s storage capacity. And your device can fill up quickly depending on the size of its storage capacity and how much content you have. If you see a message that your storage is full, you can free up space by managing your photo and video storage. Next, we will recommend you with some tips to manage your photos and video storage.
Method one: Delete content manually
Your photos and videos are stored on your device in their original, high-resolution version. This means that they use a lot of space on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. You can check your storage to see how much space your photos use and delete the ones that you don’t need.
Method two: Store your photos and videos in iCloud
With iCloud Photo Library, you can make more space available on your device and have your entire collection, everywhere you go. With Optimize Storage, smaller, space-saving photos and videos are kept on your device while all of your original, full-resolution versions are stored in iCloud. And as long as you have enough space in iCloud, you can store as many photos and videos as you want.
Get started with iCloud Photo Library:
- Tap Settings > [your name] > iCloud > Photos. If you’re using iOS 10.2 or earlier, tap Settings > iCloud > Photos
- Turn on iCloud Photo Library
- Select Optimize iPhone Storage to make more space on your device
PS: If you need more iCloud storage, click here to see how to upgrade your iCloud storage plan.
Method three: Transfer your photos and videos to your computer
You can import photos to your PC by connecting your device to your computer and using Windows Photos app:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your PC. Importing photos to your PC requires iTunes 12.5.1 or later.
- Connect your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your PC with a USB cable.
- You might need to unlock your iOS device using your passcode.
- You might also see a prompt on the iOS device asking you to Trust This Computer. Tap Trust or Allow to continue.
Method four: Selectively back up your photos via iFonebox
With the help of this professional iOS backup tool, you can choose target data to transfer without backing the whole device up. It’s also capable of getting back the deleted/lost data even if you don’t have any backup file.