I just synced about 500 photos from my iPhone to the iPhotos, then I want to deleted all of them to save more room in iPhone. But after I deleted the photos, I found those photos not in iPhotos. So anxious. I remember I once backed up my iPhone on my Windows computer with iTunes. What I need to do now is to restore my lost photos. Can you show me a safe way? Thanks. iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4.1
Admittedly, it is always troublesome when some important data like photos are just deleted or lost from your iPhone. However, the lucky thing is you got an iTunes or iCloud backup for your lost photos, just as the above user did. So is there any safe ways to restore iPhone lost photos from iTunes backup? Absolutely yes.
In order to restore iPhone lost photos from iTunes backup, calm down firstly and here, two methods are shared to help you to restore lost photos from iTunes backup. Just keep your eyes on it.
Method one: Restore iPhone lost photos from iTunes backup direstly
Your first choice is to restore your iPhone lost photos from iTunes backup directly. It costs less when use this way. But you need to remember that when you restore from iTunes backup directly, you will restore the whole iTunes backup to your iPhone, in other words, those data not backed up in the backup will be erased. But if you don’t case, just follow the simple steps:
- Launch iTunes. Connect your iPhone to the computer. Click your device tab and enter the main interface page.
- Click Summary tab and you will see a page about your iDevice basic information. You can scroll down and choose Restore Backup button to start the process.
Then, all data will be restored to your iPhone. Next, I will show you how to selectively restore iPhone lost photos from iTunes backup.
Method two: Selectively restore iPhone lost photos from iTunes backup
In order to restore iPhone lost photos from iTunes backup selectively, you need the help from iFonebox, which is an professional iOS data recovery tool, can not only extract and restore lost data like photos from your iTunes or iCloud backup selectively, but recover deleted data like contacts, notes, messages, WeChat messages and more from your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. With iFonebox, you can also preview your photos from iTunes backup before restore.
- Run iFonebox. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup mode. iFonebox will detect all iTunes backup files on your computer automatically. So just choose the one containing your lost photos and click “Select” button to begin.
- Scan photos from selected iTunes backup. Click on Photos item to start scanning.
- Preview and select lost photos to restore. After that, you can pick out those lost photos you need and then, click Recover to PC to transfer all photos to your computer.
If you want to transfer the restored photos from computer to your iPhone, there are still methods. Just read this article and you will make it: Tips to transfer photos from computer back to iPhone for free