iOS 12 makes your iPhone and iPad experience even faster, more responsive, and more delightful. It brings performance improvements and exciting new features to iPhone and iPad. However, some problems are also related to its update. Here are some of the common iOS 12 update problems and how you can fix them.
Unable to swipe up for the ease of turning on/off certain functions.
You need to swipe up to the center of the screen maybe a little more slowly, pause for a second, or two, the lift your finger up. The way you bring up the Dock now works a little differently too, in iOS 12, also. You do a slower short swipe up, then pause when you see the Dock, then take your finger off of the screen.
Device stuck with Apple logo and progress bar
- If your screen is black or frozen, you might need to force restart your device. A force restart won’t erase the content on your device.
- If it doesn’t work, you should put your device in recovery mode and set it up again.
- If you still need help after updating, contact Apple Support or go to an Apple Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
Data lost after iOS 12 update
- Restart your device to see if the deleted content appears or not.
- Restore from an iTunes backup or iCloud backup (Note: It requires you to erase all the data on your device first. Hence restore is an all or nothing process.)
- Use a recovery tool in case you never synced your device to iTunes or iCloud before. We strongly recommend It enables you retrieve the lost/deleted content from your phone without any trouble.
Can’t connect to App Store
- Check App Store status: Go to the Apple System Status page and check if the App Store has been down or is scheduled for any maintenance.
- Check the data access: Go to Settings > Cellular on iOS 12 and enable the data access for App Store.
- Reset Apple account: Go to your Apple ID and sign out of it. Then sign back in to your account and try to launch App Store again.
- Reset network settings: Visit Settings > General > Reset on iOS 12 and select Reset Network Settings.
iOS 12 Charging Issue
- Try to charge your iPhone through different power sockets to exclude physical damage
- Restart device
- Clean charging socket because it could be malfunctioning due to dirt or damage.
- Wait for a more stable iOS 12 release