Apple released iOS 8.3 in April and now, TaiG has updated its software TaiG 2.0 to help you jailbreak iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3 if you need for you iPhone or iPad. Here, I want to share some information about steps to jailbreak iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3.
Before jailbreak, you need to know some important notes.
- The jailbreak is untethered and currently available for Windows only.
- Make a full backup of your data with either iTunes or to iCloud before going ahead with jailbreak.
- Fresh restore to iOS 8.3 is recommended: Download iOS 8.3 Final For iPhone And iPad
- iTunes 12.0.1 is required. Follow this: How To Downgrade iTunes 12.1 To 12.0.1 On Windows Or Mac [Tutorial].
- Supported firmware: iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3.
- Supported devices: iPhone 6 Plus, 6, 5s, 5, 4s, iPad Air 2/1, iPad mini 3/2/1, iPad 4/3/2 and iPod touch 5
Then, you can follow steps to jailbreak iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 and iOS 8.1.3.
Step 1: Grab the TaiG 2.0 Jailbreak from here: Download TaiG 2.0 Jailbreak iOS 8.3, iOS 8.2 And iOS 8.1.3 For Windows.
Step 2: On the iOS device in question make sure that Find My iPhone and Passcode/Touch ID are turned OFF. To achieve this, head to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode > Enter your current Passcode and then select Turn Passcode Off. This will prompt for the current Passcode once more to verify. Similarly, to turn Find My iPhone off head to Settings > iCloud > Find My iPhone and select the relevant option to turn that particular location tracking service off.
Step 3: Connect the iOS device running iOS 8.1.3 – 8.3 to a Windows computer. Open the downloaded TaiG Jailbreak tool.
Step 4: If the Apple device can’t be discovered by the jailbreak tool, it will present a window that clearly shows “Can’t find Apple device”. However, if everything is detected correctly a different window will be presented showing the details pertaining to the device and the DEBs that will be installed.
Step 5: We recommend keeping the Cydia option checked but unchecking the 3K Assistant option. Click Start to proceed with the jailbreak procedure.
Step 6: The user-interface will then keep you updated on the progress of the jailbreak with percentage indicators and labels of what has been successful. This could take some time so be patient. Finally, when the jailbreak process is finished the UI will be updated with a “Jailbreak succeeded!” message.
Step 7: Now once the device has automatically rebooted, you should have Cydia installed on your home screen.