Question one: Why can’t I see new comments in my Shared Album, or why do I see comments that were deleted?
- Check the System Status page for issues affecting Photos.
- Check the Internet connection on all your devices by going to apple.com and iCloud.com. You need to connect to the Internet to make a comment.
- See if the number of comments is the same on your iOS device and your Mac or PC.
Question two: Can I change the name that I use to comment on a Shared Album?
Your name in comments matches the full name for the Apple ID that you used to join the Shared Album. Use these steps to change your display name:
- Delete the comment. After a comment is posted, the display name doesn’t change.
- Unsubscribe from the Shared Album.
- Go to your Apple ID account page, sign in, and change your name. If there’s a credit card on your account that you’re using for purchases, the name must match that credit card.
- Ask the owner of the Shared Album to send you a new invitation to the Shared Album.
- Accept the invitation, find the photo or video, and repost your comment.
Question three: I declined an invitation to join a Shared Album. How do I join the album?
Send a message to the owner of the Shared Album and ask them to invite you again.
Question four: Someone sent me a link to a Shared Album, but when I click the link a message appears that says the album is no longer shared.
If the album owner deleted the album or removed you from the subscribers list, you’ll get a message that “This photo album is no longer shared.” Contact the owner of the Shared Album to ask if it’s been deleted or to request a new invitation.
Question five: I got a Shared Album invitation from a sender that I don’t recognize.
If you get a Shared Album invitation that you think might be spam or junk, let us know. Click Report Junk in the email invitation.
You can also go to the invitation from the Photos app on your iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, or Mac and choose Report Junk > Delete and Report Junk.