Q: Hi, I’m currently upgraded my phone from iPhone 5 to iPhone 7 and now I want to have several (but not all) photos from last iTunes backup. Is that any way that I can selectively restore lost photos from my iTunes backup? Help will be appreciated, thank you!
Is it possible to restore lost photos from iTunes backup to iPhone selectively? Some of our readers who are currently using iPhone 7 raising such question to us. They are wondering is that possible to restore lost photos from iTunes backup selectively but not the entire backup file? My answer is yes to this question, if you want to extract iTunes lost photos from iTunes backup selectively, all you need is an iOS data recovery tool – iFonebox to do this favor for you. The selective iTunes photos recovery can be done with few simple clicks. Keep reading.
If you have iCloud back up, this article “Extract and restore lost photos from iCloud backup” might bring up your interest.
What is this amazing and powerful program – iFonebox can do for you?
- Safe, secure and user-friendly iOS data recovery tool.
- Built up with 3 recovery modes: Recover from iOS device; Recover from iTunes Backup File; Recover from iCloud Backup File
- Allows you to recover as much as 16 types of data from iOS device.
- Supports extract and retrieve data from iTunes and iCloud backup files selectively.
- Recover lost data when iPhone screen broken, stuck on Apple logo, water damaged, factory reset etc.
Selectively restore lost photos from iTunes backup to iPhone.
In here, I’m taking Windows version as an example.
- Step 1: Run iFonebox and Recovery mode selection
After the installation of iFonebox has been done, launch it. You need to connect your iPhone with USB cable, select “Recover from iTunes Backup File”, and you will be able to view your iTunes backup file, and select the backup file you want to extract. If you do not find your backup file from the list, kindly click “Select more”, and choose your backup file from the other folder. Once you select the backup file, you can begin the photo recovery.
- Step 2: Scan photos from selected iTunes backup files
Click on the “Photos” under “Media Data” and start scanning. Tips: the scanning process might take a little longer if you have large data on your backup file.
- Step 3: Preview and select lost photo to recover
You can select and pick the photos you want to recover, tap “Recover to PC” on the bottom right of the interface. The selected photos will be recover to the folder you chose in your computer.
By now, you should be successfully extract the lost photos from your iTunes backup file. The next step is transfer them into your iPhone, we provided two ways to transfer them, please read: “Tips to transfer photos from computer back to iPhone for free“.