An iPhone user told me that “I’ve backed up my old iPhone 4S to my iMac iTunes. I want to restore it to a new iPhone 6. Both are on the latest iOS.” and his device is iPhone 6, iOS 8.1.1. Mostly, when we got a new iPhone 6 or 6 Plus, we will sync data like contacts, messages, photos, videos from the older iPhone if those data have a great value to you.
Usually, if you want to transfer your contacts to your iPhone, I will introduce iFonebox to you, because it is easy of use and powerful. But it is only supportive to transfer recover notes and contacts to your iOS devices at present. It can also help to extract your iTunes backup data, but it cannot transfer messages directly to your iPhone 6. As to this problem, the developer is now researching it and in the next version, this problem will be fixed.
Here, if you want to restore your iPhone 4S backup from iMac to the new iPhone 6, I will introduce iTunes to you.
The first thing you need to do is to have a complete backup for you iPhone 4S. You can use iTunes to do the backup job because, personally I think iTunes is more stable and faster than iCloud. Now, you can follow the steps here:
- After your new iPhone powers on, you’ll see a welcome screen, Slide your finger across the bottom where it says slide to set up.
- Now choose your language from the choices presented to you.
- Select the country or region you are in.
- Now choose your wifi network and enter the password for it if there is one. If you don’t have access to wifi, you can choose Use Cellular but keep in mind, only some things in your iCloud backup will be restored without wifi. Others won’t be triggered until you’re on WiFi. Or you can choose to restore from an iTunes backup if you have access to one.
- On the next screen, select Restore from iTunes backup.
- If you aren’t already connected to your computer containing your iTunes backups, your iPhone will prompt you to do so now.
- Follow the prompts in iTunes in order to select your most recent backup from your iPhone 4S.
That’s all. This is how you can restore an iPhone 4S backup from your iMac to the new iPhone 6.