I upgraded from a 5C to a 6S. Went to restore (which was never a problem before) and it said that my back-up was corrupted. Screwed? Thx for any info, iPhone 6s running iOS 9.1
Recently, more and more iPhone 6s owners have reflected a problem about the iTunes or iCloud backup. The problem is just as above post that when upgrade to iPhone 6s and went to restore from backup, unluckily, the backup file was corrupt. We cannot make sure whether they restored from iTunes or iCloud backup, but what we can provide is a viable method to restore data from corrupt backup for your iPhone 6s.
Usually, people hold the idea that there is no chance to restore data when iTunes or iCloud backup is corrupt. However, under the help from a third party software called iFonebox, you can also get back those data from corrupt backup for iPhone 6s. Some users have confirmed it and indeed, iFonebox helped them to extract data from corrupt iTunes or iCloud backup.
It is known that iFonebox is a professional iOS data recovery tool which can not only recover deleted data like contacts, messages, notes, WeChat data, etc, from iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, but extract and restore data from iTunes or iCloud backup selectively, including the corrupt backup. Next, I will show you the quick fix to restore data from your broken iTunes or iCloud backup for iPhone 6s.
How to restore data from corrupt backup for iPhone 6s?
It is necessary and important to download and install iFonebox firstly. There are two versions available: Windows version and Mac version. Also, Free trial version for iFonebox (Win and Mac) is always handy. Now, you can refer to the simple steps as following.
- Launch iFonebox. Choose “Recover from iTunes Backup” mode. All iTunes backup files will be listed, just pick out one containing your lost data to restore. Click “Select” button.
- Scan data from selected iTunes backup file. You can click on one specific data like notes to start the automatic scanning process.
- Preview and choose data to restore. Now you can select those data you need to restore by clicking Recover to PC or Recover to Device button.
- If you need to restore corrupt iCloud backup, just choose Recover from iCloud Backup in the first step and then, sign in with your Apple ID and password to view those data.
- At present, iFonebox only supportive to transfer recovered contacts and notes back to your iDevice directly.
This is the quick fix to restore data from corrupt iTunes or iCloud backup for iPhone 6s with iFonebox.