And soon discovered my cell service is horrible now I have only one bars of service in places where I had 4 bar and speed a lot slower. I sure hope they can fix this soon!
Have you ever had an experience that you couldn’t send a message to friends via SMS because the signal was too weak? No one want to own a phone that he/she payed this much for, that gets this bad reception. You may wonder if there is a fix for this. In this article, we’re going to share you some tips.
- As a first step, try installing the newly released iOS 12.1 and see if that helps
- Update your carrier settings on your iPhone or iPad
Learn about the carrier settings updates for your iPhone or iPad:
Carrier settings updates let your carrier provider update carrier network and related settings to improve cellular network connectivity and performance. Carrier settings updates can also add support for features like VoLTE or Wi-Fi Calling. For more information on carrier settings updates, contact your carrier.
When a carrier setting update is available, you’ll be prompted to install it. If your carrier releases a mandatory update, you’ll see an OK button instead of an Update button to let you know that the update was downloaded and installed.
You can manually check for and install a carrier settings update with these steps:
- Make sure your device is connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular network.
- Tap Settings > General > About. If an update is available, you’ll see an option to update your carrier settings.
- To see the version of carrier settings on your device, tap Settings > General > About and look next to Carrier. To see additional carrier information, tap the version number.
- If you insert a new SIM card into your iPhone or iPad, you need to download the carrier settings for your new carrier.
- Get more help
If it still isn’t working, take your device to an Apple Retail Store or Authorized Service Provider for more help.