The CEO of Apple Inc Tim Cook treated us with their new products today: iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus and Apple Watch. Now, many people are concentrated on the upcoming iPhone 6 and wait for the on sale date. But when you get your new iPhone 6, it is a problem that how to transfer data like messages, contacts, photos, notes from you old iPhone to iPhone 6. It sounds crazy if you input your contacts into your new iPhone 6 one by one. Here, I found three ways to help you solve this tough issue.
Method One: transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 6 using iFonebox
This method is better suitable for those iFonebox users, because, iFonebox(Win and Mac) can extract iTunes backup files. As long as you have synced your old iPhone data to iTunes, you can extract these data and transfer them to your iPhone 6. It takes less time and much more convenient compared with iTunes. Plus, if you want to keep old iPhone data on computer, iFonebox is the best choice for you to recover and transfer your data to the computer, including the deleted data like photos, contacts, messages, call history, notes, reminders, safari bookmarks. Note: iFonebox cannot transfer these iTunes backup data to iPhone 6 at present. The publisher told us that on September 15, they will release this new version to help you solve this tough transferring issue.
Method Two: transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 6 using iCloud
You can use iCloud Backup to back up your previous device and then restore the backup to a new device. Your saved messages, email accounts, photos, notes, and other personal settings will be transferred to your new device. Make sure you have an iCloud account.
- Turn on iCloud backup. Go to Settings>iCloud>Storage & Backup and then turn on iCloud backup.
- Backup now. Wait until the backup finishes. How long it will take depends on how big the backup is and how fast your Internet connection is.
- Set up your new device. When the backup of your old device is finished, turn on your new device. If you’ve already set up your device, you can reset it so that you can go through the iOS Setup Assistant again and restore from your backup. Tap Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. Do this only if you already have a backup.
- Restore from iCloud backup. Choose the backup of your old device and tap Restore. Wait until the device finishes restoring from the backup.
- Sync other contents from iTunes. When the restore finishes, your device will restart. You should connect the device to iTunes to sync data that isn’t in the backup (such as music, videos, or apps that you didn’t purchase from the iTunes Store or the App Store ).
Method Three: transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 6 using iTunes
If you don’t have an iCloud account or you just want to keep a backup on your computer, you can use iTunes to back up and transfer content on your device. Note: you need to install the latest version of iTunes and the latest version of iOS on your old iPhone.
- Backup and transfer. First backup your old iPhone using iTunes. Then transfer your data yo the computer.
- Set up your new device. When the backup of your old device is finished, turn on your new device.
- Restore the backup. When prompted to set up your device, select Restore from iTunes Backup.
- Connect to iTunes. Connect your new device to iTunes, using the same computer you used to back up your current device. iTunes will ask you to restore from backup or set up as new. Select the backup of your old device and choose Continue.
The above are three ways which can help you transfer data from old iPhone to iPhone 6.
Read more :