An iPhone user asked me to help him restore his lost voice memos. He lost some of his voice memos after update to iOS 8.4. I just want to say take it easy. When it comes to iOS update or downgrading, it is always along with data loss like contacts, notes, voice memos, photos and videos. That’s why I always emphasize the importance of backup with iTunes or iCloud, for with the iTunes or iCloud backup, it is greatly likely to restore lost voice memos or other data from iTunes or iCloud backup after update to iOS 8.4.
Here, I want to share two methods to help restore lost voice memos when update to iOS 8.4: one is from iTunes backup data, the other one is from iCloud backup. If you want to use the two methods, you need to have an iTunes or iCloud backup for your lost data, otherwise, this cannot work. Keep reading.
In order to restore lost voice memos from iTunes or iCloud backup, without iFonebox, you cannot make it, for iFonebox can extract and restore lost data from your iTunes or iCloud backup. If you use iTunes to restore lost data to your iPhone directly, your existing data from iPhone may be erased and overwriting. So what is iFonebox? iFonebox is a professional iOS data recovery which is supportive to recover deleted data like contacts, iMessages and notes from your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Plus, iFonebox is a great helper that empowers you to extract and restore lost data like photos from iTunes or iCloud backup selectively. Quite powerful. Now, I will show you the detailed steps.
Recover lost voice memos from iTunes backup when update to iOS 8.4
Undoubtedly, it is necessary for you to download and install iFonebox firstly. Two versions are accessible: Windows version and Mac version. Also, Free Trial Version (Win and Mac) is always ready for you. Next, you can follow the simple steps:
- Launch iFonebox. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup mode.
- Scan voice memos from iTunes backup.
- Preview and select the lost voice memos to recover. After scanning, you have the chance to pick out those lost voice memos and then, click Recover to PC and all selected voice memos will be transferred to your computer.
Recover lost voice memos from iCloud backup when update to iOS 8.4
If you have used iCloud to back up all data before update to iOS 8.4, here is your another choice: recover lost voice memos from iCloud backup. After installation of iFonebox, refer to the following steps :
- Start iFonebox. Choose Recover from iCloud Backup mode. Sign in with your Apple ID and password, then select one iCloud backup file containing lost voice memos to download.
- Scan voice memos from downloaded iCloud backup.
- Preview and choose lost voice memos to recover.
The above are two methods to help you restore lost voice memos from iTunes or iCloud backup when update to iOS 8.4. It is quite convenient and practical to restore lost voice memos from backup data after update iPhone or iPad to iOS 8.4.