When I try to call (FaceTime, messenger call, etc.) I don’t hear the tone I used to hear when the number Is ringing it just stays silent for few seconds then number would pop like the call have already started… and during calls my phone doesn’t transmit incoming and outgoing voice…
What if you hear no sound or distorted sound from your iPhone speaker?
Before you follow these steps, see if your speaker works: In Settings > Sounds (or Settings > Sounds & Haptics), drag the Ringer And Alerts slider up or down a few times.
If you don’t hear any sound, your speaker might need service. Contact Apple Support.
If you do hear sound, use the steps below and check the sound after each step.
- Check your sound settings
Check your sound settings
If your device has a Ring/Silent switch, move the switch forward—toward the device’s display—so that orange isn’t showing.
Open Settings > Do Not Disturb and check that Do Not Disturb is off.
- Check sound with an app
Open an app that has music or sound effects, then adjust the volume with your volume buttons or the slider in Control Center.
- Plug headphones into your device
If you can hear sound through the headphones but not through your device’s speakers, unplug the headphones and clear dust or debris from the headset port on your device.
- Turn off Bluetooth
To make sure that your device isn’t sending audio to a Bluetooth accessory, go to Settings > Bluetooth and turn off Bluetooth.
- Restart your device
Turn off your device, then turn it back on. Check the sound again. If you still don’t hear any sound, contact Apple Support.
What if the microphones on your iPhone aren’t working?
- Test the microphones on your device
You can use your product’s technical specifications to find the microphones. When you test your microphones, make sure that your iOS device isn’t connected to a wired or wireless headset.
- Unplug any accessory plugged into the headset jack, and disconnect any Bluetooth headsets.
- Avoid blocking the microphone and iSight mic with your fingers or case while holding the device or recording video.
- Remove screen protectors, films, or cases that cover the microphone, iSight mic, or iPhone receiver.
- Clear any debris from the microphones or iPhone receiver. Refer to the user guide for your device on microphone locations.
- Restart your device.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS.