No matter how my iPhone XS is charged, it will shut down within an hour of use and will not turn back on unless it is plugged into the charger for 10-15 minutes. When it comes back on, it sometimes is back up to 70-80% charge. Is this something that can be fixed?
Does your iPhone always shut down for no reason? This is a real problem for some iPhone users. When it keeps shutting down for no reason, it might be annoying. If your iPhone turns off regularly, here’s how to deal with it.
- Force restart your iPhone XS
- Press and hold the Side button and either volume button until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn your device completely off.
- After your device turns off, press and hold the Side button again until you see the Apple logo.
- Update Your iPhone XS to the latest iOS 12.2
- Make sure there’s enough storage space on your iPhone XS.
- Plug your device into power and connect to the Internet with Wi-Fi.
- Tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap Download and Install.
- If asked, enter your passcode.
Note: Don’t forget to back up your important data before the upgrade. iFonebox could help you selectively transfer iPhone/iPad/iPod touch data to your PC/Mac.
- Do not open multiple Apps at the same time
The unexpected shut down could be down to an app that’s been running in the background and crashed. Sometimes, applications cannot be placed together in execution mode.
- Swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause slightly in the middle of the screen.
- Swipe right or left to find the app that you want to close.
- Swipe up on the app’s preview to close the app.
- Check your battery health
Depending upon the length of time between when the iPhone was made and when it is activated, your battery capacity may show as slightly less than 100%. A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. Go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health. The Maximum Capacity indicates the amount of charge the battery can hold.
If your device performance has been impacted by an aged battery, you should make an appointment at the genius bar. It may be time to replace the battery.