Part one: Two ways to set up notifications
Method one: Open from the Lock screen
To preview your notifications on the Lock screen without unlocking your device, go to Settings > Notifications > Show Previews, and select Always.
- You can quickly view your recent notifications from the Lock screen by picking up your iPhone.
- Tap a single notification or a group of notifications to view all of them for that app
- Swipe left over notifications to manage, view, or clear the notifications.
- Manage alerts for specific apps.
Method two: Open from Notification Center
There are two ways to see your alerts from the Notification Center:
- From the Lock screen, swipe up from the middle of the screen
- From any other screen, swipe down from the center of the top of your screen
The Notification Center shows your notifications history, allowing you to scroll back and see what you’ve missed.
Part two: Manage notifications
- Swipe left over an alert or group of alerts.
- Tap Manage, then select from these options:
- Deliver Quietly: These notifications appear in the Notification Center, but don’t show up on the Lock screen, play sounds, or show a banner or badge icon.
- Turn Off: This turns off all notifications for a specific app. To turn this back on, go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and tap Allow Notifications.
Part three: What if you don’t see notifications from a specific app?
To get notifications, connect to a Wi-Fi or cellular network. If you still don’t get notifications for a specific app, try these steps:
- Make sure that the app supports notifications. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, and make sure that Allow Notifications is on.
- If you have notifications turned on for an app but you’re not receiving alerts, you might not have Banners selected. Go to Settings > Notifications, select the app, then select Banners.
- Make sure that you’re signed in to your Apple ID.
- Make sure that Do Not Disturb is off.
- If you’ve recently installed an app or restored from a backup, open the app to start getting notifications.