iOS 12.1.1 brings performance improvements and exciting new features to iPhone and iPad. In this article, we are going to share you with the features and bug fixes about iOS 12.1.1.
What bugs does it fix?
A type confusion issue was addressed with improved memory handling.
- Disk Images:
A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.
A lock screen issue allowed access to contacts on a locked device. This issue was addressed with improved state management.
- File Provider:
This issue was addressed with improved entitlements.
A denial of service issue was addressed by removing the vulnerable code.
- Link Presentation:
A spoofing issue existed in the handling of URLs. This issue was addressed with improved input validation.
- A logic issue was addressed with improved validation.
- “Clear History and Website Data” did not clear the history. The issue was addressed with improved data deletion.
- A memory corruption issue was addressed with improved memory handling.
- Multiple memory corruption issues were addressed with improved memory handling.
- A logic issue existed resulting in memory corruption. This was addressed with improved state management.
What’s new in iOS 12.1.1?
- It enables you to take a Live Photo while on a FaceTime call so you can capture favorite moments and save them indefinitely.
- FaceTime also includes a modified bottom bar that provides a quick access button for mute calls and flip cameras.
- In ios12.1.1, eSIM support for iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR has been extended to other carriers across Europe. Swisscom, Orange, Three was included.
- Notification preview using haptic touch on iPhone XR.
- Stability improvements for dictation along with
- Support in Mainland China and Hong Kong
- HomePod LEDs illuminate during Group FaceTime calls
How to update my device to iOS 12.1.1?
Now iOS 12.1.1 is available on all eligible devices. To access the update, go to Settings > General > Software Update. As with all iOS updates, iOS 12.1.1 is free to download.
What should I do before I update my device to iOS 12.1.1?
We all know that every iOS upgrade comes with risks, the safest way to prevent data loss is to back up your important data. If you are not intend to use iTunes or iCloud, iFonebox should be the best tool for this job. With the help of program, you can selectively transfer almost all kinds of data from iOS devices to computer for further use.