I have problem with my rear camera after updating latest IOS 11.2. After installing 11.2 the camera of my iPhone X is unsharpen. Only very near objects get focused – like a macro lens. The cam works well minutes before upgrade. What should I do? Wait for the latest update to fixed bug or have any solution?
Nowdays, more and more iOS users choose to use an iPhone instead of a camera due to the portability. Photos taken with your iPhone are out of focus can be an annoying thing. However, it seems that number of iOS devices are affected by camera focus fault since the update. iOS 11.2 causes the camera to fail to focus? Here’re some methods for troubleshooting.
If your photos are blurred, out of focus, or have dark spots, try these steps:
- Make sure that there’s nothing blocking the camera lens. If you’re using a case, try removing it
- Make sure that the camera lens is clean. If you need to clean the lens, use a microfiber cloth. If you see dirt or debris inside the lens, take your device to an apple retail store or authorized service provider for more help
- For iPhone models that feature optical image stabilization: A metallic case or magnetic lens could interfere with this feature. Try taking a picture without the case or lens, and then compare the quality
- To focus on a certain object or person, tap that object or person on the preview screen. You’ll see the screen pulse, or briefly go in and out of focus, as the camera adjusts. In photo mode, try to stay steady when you adjust the focus. If you move too far in any direction, the camera will automatically refocus to the center. In video mode, you can adjust the focus before you begin recording
- Force the app to close, then open the Camera app again
- Restart your device, then open the Camera app again
If you have tried all the method but still can’t take a photo, your photos don’t look right, it’s necessary to make an appointment at the nearest Apple location to have your iPhone evaluated for free. Once the diagnostics are complete, the staff will explain your options.
Besides, here are some tips to help you make the most of your Camera app and the photos that you take:
- Keep your photos and videos up to date on all of your devices with iCloud Photo Library.
- Make sure that you manage your photo storage so that you always have room for your collection.
- Delete photos that you don’t want any more to make space for more.
- Close any apps that might use the camera.