I joined the iOS 12.2 beta 5 yesterday, then something went wrong. I couldn’t get into the app store. I contacted apple support. They told me that they did not know anything about the iOS 12.2 beta 5 so that I should reinstall back to the latest iOS 12.1.4. What should I do? Help please!
Apple recently released the iOS12.2 beta 5, as always, many iOS developers joined it. According to my personal opinion, a beta version may be full of bugs and limitation and. Furthermore, Apple offers no support for it since it’s in testing phase and as such Apple support directly would not be able to help you nor know anything about it. You agree to this when installing the Beta. Here comes a question: I got the iOS 12.2 beta 5 but I want the iOS 12.1.4 back. How to fix? The problem will be discussed in subsequent sections.
Part one: How to uninstall iOS 12.2 beta 5 and downgrade to the standard version?
To uninstall the beta version, you need to erase and restore your device. Here’s how:
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your computer.
- Make sure that you know your Apple ID and password.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer and put the phone in recovery mode.
- Click the “Restore” option when it appears.
- The progress may take you some time, you need to be patient.
Part two: Frequently asked questions about the uninstall
- Question one: What if the restore progress won’t finish?
- Restart your iOS and computer.
- Turn off the firewall and security software on your computer.
- Ensure a stable connection between your phone and your computer.
- You can also contact Apple for help.
- Question two: I backed up my iOS 12.2 beta device via iTunes, how to extract data from the backup?
As we all know, if you go back to iOS 12.1.4 from iOS 12.2 beta, a backup you made while using iOS beta won’t restore by traditional method. You can only restore from a backup that you made before you installed iOS beta. However, there’s a professional iOS backup extractor called iFonebox could help you out of trouble. Click here to see how it can download files from your device to your computer without restoring.