I wanted to start fresh with my iPhone 5S but after I restore it, all my text messages are gone. I heard that you can somehow access the backup file from a backup on my mac and then copy it to my new iPhone. How do I do that? Is there maybe another easier way? Please help me. I really need my text messages, I don’t care about the rest of the stuff on my iPhone.
Apple doesn’t offer this kind of service to transfer old only text messages from iCloud backup to a new iPhone unless one is restoring the phone with the entire backup. However, it means you have to erase all the settings and current data on your device. If this sounds like your experience, there’s a professional iOS data recovery software called iFonebox can actually help you get out this dilemma.
With the help of iFonebox, you’re able to get access to the backup and accurately extract only texts from it by scanning the backup in depth. The following are some features of the program:
- Three excellent working modes: recover from device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- Ease of use: you can complete the recovery progress just by a few clicks
- Can be used to get back as many as 17 kinds of data: like texts, reminders, videos, calendar, photos, voice memos, safari history, call logs, etc.
- Regain your data in a selectively way: you can extract the specific data you want
- Preview function: you’re allowed to see what is saved in that backup
- 100% security guarantee: cause no damage to your device and never leak your information
iFonebox is fully compatible with Windows and Mac, you can access the software from official website or here. Just make sure to install the correct version for your computer. Then let’s following the next instructions to move texts from iCloud backup to a new iPhone.
Step one: Run iFonebox and enter your Apple ID
Run the program and connect your device to computer, then just click the “Recover from iCloud Backup” at the top right of the software. You’ll be asked to sign in with your Apple ID account and password correctly.
Step two: Download data from iCloud backup
After you have selected an iCloud backup to download, it will start the downloading process. You can select all to download.
Step three: Scan data
Click on “Messages” icon to start scanning automatically. It will take some time, you should wait patiently.
Step four: Preview and download data
Now you can select the messages you want and click “Recover to device”, then the instruction is accomplished.