My iPhone 6s was stolen recently. I tried to navigate but is not online and switched off. I am not sure that it will navigate or not later. And if it is lost then I want to make completely useless my iPhone for the thief.
Suppose you are a victim to having your iPhone 6s stolen, you must be very anxious and depressed. Don’t lose hope! Apple offers the Find my iPhone option to track lost phones. If Find My iPhone is turned on, you can use it to track your stolen iPhone. It means you still have a chance to get back your lost device. Next steps might help you find it and protect your information.
How to use find my iPhone?
1. Sign into iCloud.com/find or use the FMIP app on another device.
2. Open Find My iPhone, select your missing device to view its location on a map. If the device is nearby, you can have it play a sound to help you or someone nearby find your missing iPhone.
3. Turn on Lost Mode, so that you can remotely lock your device with a passcode, display a custom message with your phone number on your missing device’s Lock screen.
4. To protect your privacy, you can erase it remotely. When you erase your device, all of your information is deleted from the device, and you won’t be able to find it using Find My iPhone, it means you can’t track it any more.
Can’t see your device in Find My iPhone?
- Check which Apple ID you signed in with. Maybe the account you logged on to iCloud is not the same as the count on your iPhone.
- Check that your device has a cellular or Wi-Fi network connection.
- Go to Settings> General> Date& Time. Check that Set Automatically is on, which automatically sets your date and time based on your time zone.
You can see your device but it shows offline?
If you see “Offline” and can’t trail your lost iPhone, there will be several possibilities:
- It’s powered off or shut down
- Your lost device isn’t connected to a stable network
In this circumstance, you should wait a few minutes and try again. You can still play a sound, send a message, issue a lock request, or start an erase of your iOS device with Find My iPhone. Your device receives the command after you turn on your device and connect to the Internet.