Many parole complaining about my voice quality when using iPhone X … absolutely no issue with my iPhone 6. Please help! Thanks!
With your iOS device, you might experience one of these issues when you make a call, use FaceTime or Siri, or play recorded audio:
- People can’t hear you during a phone or FaceTime call
- You sound unclear to others during a phone or FaceTime call
- Siri is unable to detect voice feedback when prompted
- When playing back recorded audio, the sound you hear is unclear, or you don’t hear sound
- You’re unable to change audio sources during a call
- Test the microphones on your device
- To test the primary microphone on the bottom of your iPhone, open Voice Memos and tap the record icon. Then speak into the microphone and tap the play icon to play back the recording. You should be able to hear your voice clearly.
- To test the front microphone, open the Camera app and record a video using the front camera. To test the rear microphone, open the Camera app and record a video using the back camera. When you play back the video you should hear your voice clearly.
If your voice sounds faint when you’re on a phone call, make sure that your rear microphone isn’t blocked or covered.
If Siri can’t hear you, make sure that the receiver and front microphone on top of your iPhone aren’t covered or dirty.
Note: When you test your microphones, make sure that your iOS device isn’t connected to a wired or wireless headset.
- If you still have issues after testing the microphone on your device
- Unplug any accessory plugged into the headset jack, and disconnect any Bluetooth headsets.
- Avoid blocking the microphone and iSight mic with your fingers or case while holding the device or recording video.
- Remove screen protectors, films, or cases that cover the microphone, iSight mic, or iPhone receiver.
- Clear any debris from the microphones or iPhone receiver. Refer to the user guide for your device on microphone locations.
- Restart your device.
- Make sure you have the latest version of iOS
If you’ve tried these steps and people still can’t hear you on phone or FaceTime calls or Siri doesn’t hear your requests, contact Apple Support.