“Our child deleted inappropriate text messages that she received on her iphone 4s on 2/18/15. We need to retrieve them so we can move ahead with actions against the responsible party. Her last backup was 2/22. Any suggestions on how to retrieve these messages? iPhone 4S”
This is a post extracted from an iPhone related forum and obviously, this user wanted to retrieve deleted text messages from his iPhone 4S. It is always terrible when some important text messages are lost or deleted. But what is lucky is that there are always methods to recover those deleted text messages. Keep reading and learn more information here.
When it comes to data loss, most people will turn to iCloud or iTunes backup if they have one. When you directly restore those messages from your backup files, it is not so easy for you need to reset your iPhone. One more point, you cannot directly read those messages from iTunes or iCloud backup, hence, a third party software is in need to help you.
A third party software is not only supportive to recover deleted data like notes, contacts, messages from your iPhone or iPad directly, but also can be used to retrieve messages, photos, and other backed up data from iTunes or iCloud backup files. There are dozens of such third party software like iFonebox, Dr Fone for iOS, FoneLab, iMobie PhoneRescue and more. Here. I want to take Dr Fone as example, for you can transfer the recovered text messages to your iPhone or iPad directly.
How to retrieve deleted text messages from iPhone 4S?
After installation, you can follow the simple steps:
- Launch Dr Fone for iOS. Choose Recover from iOS Device. Remember to connect your iPhone to the computer with USB cable.
- Scan messages from your iPhone 4S. Dr Fone for iOS will start scanning your iPhone data.
- Preview and select before recovery. After automatic scanning, you can preview and select the deleted text messages you need to recover and transfer.
This is the whole process of retrieving deleted text messages from iPhone 4S.
- If you have an iTunes or iCloud backup for messages, you can also choose “Recover from iTunes Backup” or “Recover from iCloud Backup” recovery mode in the first step.
- If you think Dr Fone costs too much, iFonebox is your another choice. It is better in the price and accuracy.