“My father gifted me an iPhone. But everything is shared with his iCloud account. i don’t want to share my data… but i don’t know his password…. so i can not change the settings…. How can i change the settings/ remove the account from my phone? iPhone 4, iOS 5”
How to remove iCloud account without password? Obviously, this user was bothered by this iCloud problem. We all know even if we go to Settings and choose iCloud tab, delete iCloud account, next time, your iPhone will still remember your last entry. As to solve this question, two choices: one is entering with a new iCloud account and password for several times, your iPhone will remember the new account. The other choice is to update your iOS 5 to iOS 7, for iOS 7 has a bug which supports to remove iCloud account completely. Here, we will introduce the second way to help you totally remove the iCloud account. Learn more information.
How to remove iCloud account without password in iOS 7? (read more here)
- First of all open settings app and go to iCloud.
- Tap on iCloud account.
- Delete the existing password and enter any password (any random number). Tap on Done.
- After verification, iCloud will tell you that either username or password is incorrect.
- Click OK and then Cancel. You will be on iCloud main page again.
- Now again tap on Account and this time remove the description. Tap on Done.
- It will go back on main iCloud page without asking any password this time. Now you’ll see that Find My iPhone feature has been turned off automatically.
- Scroll down and tap on Delete account. A pop-up will open confirming you that if you delete your account, all documents and Photo Stream photos stored in iCloud will be deleted from this iPhone. Tap on Delete again.
- This time a new pop-out will show asking you whether you want to keep the data on iPhone or delete it from iPhone. Select one according to you choice.
How to deleted iCloud account iOS 8 or iOS 9?
Step 1. Open Settings and then tap iCloud. Go to the bottom of the window and then tap on “Sign Out”. In the alert message that will come up, tap Sign Out.
Step 2. After doing that, you should be able to see the “Delete Account” alert.
Step 3. Tap on “Keep on my iPhone/iPad” if you would like to keep all browser bookmarks, reading list, saved pages or contacts on your device. Tap on “Delete from my iPhone/iPad” if you do not want to keep all data.
Step 4. You should see the following screen in some moments. After that, your iCloud account will be removed from your device.
That’s all. Now you have successfully removed iCloud account on your iPhone / iPad without knowing and entering the password.
PS: here is a video to help you better understand how to remove iCloud account without password. This video is about deleting iCloud account without password in iOS 7.1.1, iPhone 4, 4S.
Any problem or suggestions here?