After iOS 8 is available to download and update, many iPhone users are upgrading their iOS 7 to iOS 8. Yeah, there are many new compelling features of iOS 8 like credit card scanning, much more powerful Siri, adding photos to notes, etc. But also some bugs are found in iOS 8. I kept viewing the posts from Apple Community and most are about iOS 8 issues. Here, a user wrote:
“Since I updated to iOS 8 some of my contacts were just deleted, I checked iCloud, contacts on my mac and the same thing happened there means it deleted my contacts from iCloud too beside of my iPhone. now i just deactivated my iCloud/Contacts in order to stop it cause it happened 2 times with my contacts as I just created them again”
Actually, you don’t have to worry about this issue too much, because there are ways to recover your iPhone lost contacts after iOS 8 update. Please keep reading this article and find the suitable ways to solve your problems.
Recover iPhone lost contacts after iOS 8 update from iCloud or iTunes backup
Apple offers two ways to backup iPhone data, one is iTunes and the other is iCloud. And that means you are able to restore your files from backup whether you want, but you must be sure that the disappeared contacts have been backed up.
Steps to recover contacts on iOS 8 from iTunes backup:
- Open iTunes and conect your iPhone device with computer
- Right click iPhone and choose Restore from Backup once the connection is finished
- Select the backup file and click Restore
Steps to recover disappeared contacts on iOS 8 from iCloud backup:
- Go to Settings > iCloud on your iPhone
- Login to iCloud and enter your account and password
- Choose the iCloud backup file you wish to restore, and then the iCloud will begin to restore contacts
Recover iPhone lost contacts after iOS 8 update from iFonebox
If you have not backed up your iPhone data to iCloud or iTunes, then you can have a try to use iFonebox. iFonebox is a professional and powerful iOS data recovery, which is helpful to recover iPhone lost data like contacts, messages, photos, notes, reminders, call history, voice memos, etc. Plus, it is supportive to all iOS devices like iPhone 6 Plus/6/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS. Quite convenient to use. Learn more about iFonebox.
Steps to recover lost contacts after iOS 8 update via iFonebox:
- Download and install it. There are two versions: Windows and Mac. Of course, free trial version is available.
- Run the program. Connect your iPhone to the computer. Choose Recover from iOS Device. The program will scan devices automatically.
- Preview and select contacts. After the automatic scanning, all data in your iPhone will be shown in the interface box. Click Contacts and all will be there. Just browse and transfer the contacts you want to your iPhone directly.
Next time, when faced with such similar situation, calm down. iFonebox can help you to recover your iPhone or iPad lost contacts after iOS 8 update.