I have accidentally erased all my data on iPhone. Want to restore it from my old backup on iTunes. But iTunes cannot seem to connect. I tried several times but no success. How I can do that. It is really important for me. Anyone can help? Thank in advance!
iTunes backup makes a copy of the information on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. When your device is backed up to iTunes, you can easily set up a new device or restore information on one you already have. If you need help with an iTunes backup of your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch, learn what to do.
Can’t restore from iTunes backup? Try these steps:
- If iTunes can’t restore from a backup because the backup is corrupt or incompatible, make sure that iTunes is updated.
- Turn off both your computer and your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch. Then turn them on again
- If you see an error that says your iOS software is too old, find out how to update your device to restore the backup
- If you still can’t restore the backup, you might not be able to use that backup. Try to use an alternate backup or an iCloud backup
- Make sure that you have enough disk space and iPhone/iPad/iPod storage space
- Contact Apple Support for more help
Is there an easier way to recover data from iTunes backup?
Absolutely yes! With a right tool, you can easily download documents from iTunes/ iCloud backup. iFonebox is such a powerful and trusty iOS backup extractor that can help you abstract up to 17 kinds of data like contacts, notes, call history, safari bookmarks, photos, videos, reminders, calendar events, WeChat data, WhatsApp data, etc.
It’s very easy to use and 100% safe. The free trial version can show you all the recoverable data from that backup. Besides, you can choose specific data to retrieve instead of restoring the whole backup file thanks to its preview function. It has two different versions: Mac version and Windows version, it’s necessary for you to download the suitable version for your computer. Then follow the next instructions to extract iTunes backup content.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, you’ll see all backups you have listed in the interface, choose the right backup, then click “Select” button to begin.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Messages” icon, it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Recover data
Now you can recover the data you want from backup. Choose the items you want to restore and click the “Recover to pc”.