“I was blindfully upgraded the most recent 8.1.1 but regret to say that’s not quite working on iPhone 5s, the screen stretch everts single time I go setting and response slower than 8.1. Pls help. iPhone 5S, iOS 8.1.1”
A post I read from Apple community and if you had accidentally upgraded your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to iOS 8.1.1 and want to downgrade back to iOS 8.1 as this user, then the good news is that you can downgrade as Apple seems to be still signing the iOS 8.1 firmware file. However, you will need to hurry up as Apple could stop signing any moment.
What you need to do before downgrade from iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1?
1. Make sure you have installed the latest version of iTunes.
2. Make sure you have a full backup of your iPhone 5S via iCloud or iTunes. It is important to backup your iPhone before update or downgrade in case of data loss or accidents happening. But if you lose your iPhone data, maybe iFonebox can help you to get them back.
How to downgrade from iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1?
Now Apple is still signing iOS 8.1, please follow these simple instructions to downgrade to iOS 8.1:
Download the appropriate iOS 8.1 firmware file for your iPhone 5S
- Connect your iPhone 5S running iOS 8.1.1 to your computer.
- Launch iTunes and select the iOS device from the top right corner, to the left of the iTunes Store button.
- Hold the Alt/Option key on the Mac or Shift Key in Windows on your keyboard and click on the Check for Update option, instead of restoring. We were able to successfully downgrade from iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1 using this step, but if you want to go by the book then you should use the Restore method, but it will be more time consuming. Important note: If you use the Restore method, then it will wipe the data from your device so please don’t forget to take a backup.Because if you have a backup, iFonebox can help you extract and get the lost data back.
- Select the ipsw file you had downloaded earlier.
- iTunes will inform that it will update your iOS device to iOS 8.1 and will verify the update with Apple. Click Update.
- iTunes should now downgrade your iOS device to iOS 8.1.
- After downgrading, iPhone 5S will restart. You should then see “Slide to upgrade”. Enter the passcode, and then wait for the downgrade process to finish. You may be prompted to activate your device.
That’s the whole process of downgrading from iOS 8.1.1 to iOS 8.1 for your iPhone.
Read more here: