Just got a new iPhone and plugged it into the computer when it asked if I wanted to restore the information with the backup info from my previous phone. So I said yes, not knowing that it would delete all the pictures that I had taken since getting my new phone. How to I recover my lost pictures?? Please someone, help me!!iPhone 6, iOS 9
The situation here is quite common. Many people will face such a problem when restore iPhone from a previous iTunes backup but found that, some new photos taken were lost. At this point, I have to say sorry for you cannot recover your lost photos, for they have been erased from your iPhone and overwritten with new data. If you have turned on Photo Stream on your settings, I guess you can go to there to find those lost photos. Here, I can only introduce a way to help you restore lost photos from iTunes backup selectively, of course, not only photos, but other data like contacts, notes, videos, messages and more.
In order to restore lost photos from iTunes backup selectively, without the help from iFonebox, which is a professional iOS data recovery, you just cannot make it. As is known that iFonebox is good at recovering deleted data like contacts, notes, iMessages and more from iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Also, iFonebox is a great helper extract and restore lost data like photos from iTunes or iCloud backup selectively. There are three working modes for iFonebox: Recover from iOS Device, Recover from iTunes Backup as well as Recover from iCloud Backup. Here, let’s have a look at Recover from iTunes Backup mode to restore lost photos from iTunes Backup selectively.
How to restore lost photos from iTunes backup selectively?
- Launch iFonebox. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup. Select the iTunes backup to start scanning process.
- Scan lost photos from iTunes backup selectively. Click on Photos to start scanning.
- Preview and choose lost photos to recover. After scanning, you can pick out those lost photos and then, click Recover to PC to end the process.
- You can only recover lost photos to computer at present, but if you want to transfer them back to your iPhone or iPad, let iTunes do it for you. (How To Restore Photos From iTunes Backup To iPhone 5?)
- Actually, whenever you have an iTunes backup for your iPhone, restore backup to your iPhone directly, which will create anther file for the old iTunes version and next time, when you create a new iTunes backup, this new iTunes backup file will not overwrite it. Plus, iFonebox can read both of the two files. So it will be heard for you to lost data.
In short, you can use iFonebox to restore lost photos from iTunes backup selectively, quite convenient and powerful.