“I deleted a group of text messages with attached photos by mistake from my iPhone 5. After doing a restore from my most recent backup, the text messages are restored, but many of the photos only show a file name. The files are primarily jpegs along with a few .png and .mov. Should I try to do another backup and restore or is there another way to get back the missing photos? iPhone 5, iOS 8.2”
The above is extracted from Apple Community and obviously, this user wanted to restore his deleted text messages photos attachments, but he did not succeed in doing that. What is lucky is that he had an iTunes backup for his iPhone so, there is a method to extract and restore deleted text messages photo attachments from iTunes backup. Keep reading here in case of you need it one day.
In order to restore photo attachment from iTunes backup, a third party software like iFonebox, Dr Fone, FoneLab is in need. Such software is pretty powerful at recover deleted data like contacts, messages, notes and more from your iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch. Of course, it is supportive to extract and restore data like photos, message attachments and more from your iTunes or iCloud backup. Hence, this user’s problem can be solved by such professional software.
How to restore deleted text messages photos attachments?
Here, I want to take iFonebox as example. In order to restore deleted message attachments, you need to download and install iFonebox. Two versions are available: Windows version and Mac version. Free trial version is also accessible. Next are 3 simple steps for you to refer:
- Launch iFonebox. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup.
- Scan message attachments from iTunes backup.
- Preview and select before restoring. You can have a look at the scanned message attachments and then, restore the one you need.
- If you have an iCloud backup for deleted text message photo attachments, you can also choose Recover from iCloud backup in the first step.
- If you want to restore message attachments, you should have an iTunes or iCloud backup, otherwise, you cannot recover them from your iOS devices directly.
With iFonebox, it is much convenient to restore deleted text message photo attachments.