I really need to sync and back up my notes but every time I try it goes through the whole process and at the end it says “Unable to back up phone”. I think it may be because I am almost out of space on my c drive. I have tons of space on my backup drive but am not sure how to access it while backing up my phone. Please help!
Many iOS users are used to using the note app to record important or meaningful things, hence it is necessary to back up their iPhone notes to computer to prevent data loss. We all know iTunes and iCloud. So I’m going to summarize the features of iTunes and iCloud backup and introduce another backup way to you. After comparison, you can choose the most appropriate method.
The features of iTunes:
- Stores backups on your Mac or PC
- Storage depends on your Mac or PC’s available space
- Offers encrypted backups (off by default)
- There is no way to change the file path for the iPhone backup
- The only way to view the detailed information is to restore the whole backup
The features of iCloud:
- Stores backups in iCloud
- Offers up to 2TB of storage (your first 5GB are free)
- Always encrypts your backups (when the phone locks, charges and links Wi-Fi, iCloud may automatically backup)
- You are allowed to create and use backups from anywhere with Wi-Fi
- You don’t need to plug your device into a computer or even be at home to back up with iCloud
From the information I’ve listed above, you can see the advantages and disadvantages of iTunes and iCloud. Actually, there’s a professional and handy iOS backup program called iFonebox that can help you selectively back your important data up. See some of its main features:
- The clear interface makes it easy for you to use
- The progress can be done in a short time
- You can transfer only notes to your computer without backing up the entire phone
- You can change the file path for the iPhone backup on your computer
- You can view them on your computer at any time
- It’s completely safe and cause no damage to your computer
iFonebox has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer. Once you have installed the program, next I will show you how to move only notes from iPhone to computer.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Connect your iPhone to the computer, in this interface, you’ll see “Next” in blue area, click it to continue. It’s necessary to enable the flight mode and keep the USB cable connected stable during the progress.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “Notes” icon, the duration depends on the amount of your data so it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Back up data
After the scan completes, a list of notes will show up on your program interface. Now you can recover them, choose the items you want to back up and click the “Recover to pc”.