I was actually very excited about the feature that I heard about that Apple was making changes to the new iPhone XS Max. Can the dual SIM tray from the Chinese iPhone XS be used in the US or other version, thereby making them physical dual SIM capable?
iPhone XS, iPhone XS Max, and iPhone XR feature Dual SIM with a nano-SIM and an eSIM. Dual-SIM support allows you to use two active accounts on a single device. It comes with great convenience but you might encounter some issues when using Dual SIM. In this article, we are going to share you some steps to fix the issue.
- Check your plans
- Your iPhone must be unlocked, or both cellular plans must be from the same carrier.
- Both plans must be set up and ready to use.
- Make sure that you’re in an area with supported coverage and that there are no service outages in your area.
PS: iPhone XS Max and iPhone XR purchased in mainland China, Hong Kong, and Macau can use two physical SIM cards. If you aren’t in mainland China, or if you’re in Hong Kong or Macau and have an iPhone XS, get help with Dual SIM with an eSIM.
- Make sure to install both nano-SIM cards properly
- Remove the SIM tray and inspect the SIM cards for signs of damage or corrosion.
- Remove your SIM cards from the SIM tray, then put the SIM cards back as displayed here.
- Make sure that you close the SIM tray completely, so that it isn’t loose.
- Open Control Center and make sure that both carriers appear in the status bar.
- Go to Settings > Cellular and make sure that you see both plans.
- Tap each plan and make sure that the information is accurate.
- Contact your carrier for a new nano-SIM in either of these situations:
- If a SIM card doesn’t work in either SIM slot.
- If a SIM card doesn’t fit or is bent.
- If you are still having issues, contact Apple Support.