My iPhone X was frozen so it made me do a factory reset, and so I updated it. But it reset everything and I lost all my photos. Now I want to know how to get them back…
Apple now has an almost 14 percent share of the smartphone market and an almost three percent share of the overall handset market. Admittedly, iPhone is the most popular smartphone on the market. However, all kinds of problems may be encountered when using iPhone. Sometimes, you have no choice but to restore it to factory settings. In this article, we are going to share you with some related topics.
Part one: When should I restore my phone to factory Settings?
- Your device has a frozen screen, doesn’t respond when you touch it, or becomes stuck when you turn it on.
- Your device is stuck on the Apple logo.
- You want to clear all the data on your device to private your privacy.
- You got an iPhone storage full notification but you still have plenty of available storage.
Part two: Frequently asked questions about the factory restore
- Question one: What should I do before I restore my iPhone/iPad to factory settings?
- If you paired an Apple Watch with your iPhone, unpair your Apple Watch.
- Turn off Find my iPhone in case you forget your Apple ID password. Click here to see how to reset your Apple ID passcode.
- Back up your important data if possible, like contacts, calendars, reminders, documents, photos, etc.
Note: A factory restore would erase all the current information and settings on your device. Backing up through iTunes or iCloud is often a time-consuming task, here we strongly recommend you use iFonebox to back up your device selectively.
- Question two: What if I can’t restore my phone to factory settings?
- Make sure that you have the latest version of iTunes on your Mac or Windows computer.
- Restart your iOS device and computer.
- Close the firewall and anti-virus software on your computer then try again.
- Contact Apple for help if none of those options work.
Question three: How to get lost data back after factory resetting your iPhone?
As to restoring iPhone to factory settings, the data have been overwritten during the restoring. Quite frankly, it is impossible to recover data directly from a factory reset iPhone. But never lose hope, you can still retrieve them from your iTunes backup or iCloud backup. Click here to see the detailed instructions.