What if you see a No location available label for friends?
- You might not see your friend’s location for these reasons:
- Your friend might need to correct the date on their device. Tap Settings > General > Date & Time.
- The device is off or isn’t connected to cellular or Wi-Fi.
- Your friend turned on Hide My Location in Find My Friends.
- Your friend turned off Location Services in Settings > Privacy > Location Services or in Settings > Privacy > Location Services > Find Friends.
- Your friend isn’t signed in to Find My Friends on the device being located.
- The device is in a country or region where Apple doesn’t offer this feature. This feature might not be available in all countries or regions due to technical limitations or local law.
Note: A device’s previous location is available for two hours. After two hours, you see Location not available.
What if your friend didn’t get your request?
- Make sure that you’re sending your request to the Apple ID your friend is using to sign in to Find My Friends on their iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
- Make sure that you’re within the limits to send follow requests to others. If you reached a limit, you might not be able to send a location request to more friends until you remove one.
What if a location is old or inaccurate?
- You might not see a device’s current location if it needs to update in iCloud. Wait a few minutes, then try again.
- If you’re signed in to Find My Friends on more than one device, you might need to check which of your devices your friends can see:
- On an iPhone or iPod touch, tap Me, then tap your active device under Share My Location From. This choice only appears when you’re currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.
- On an iPad, tap the List button, tap Me, tap Info, then tap your active device under Share My Location From. This choice only appears when you’re currently signed in to Find My Friends on multiple devices.
- On an Apple Watch that uses watchOS 4, press the Digital Crown to see the Settings icon. Choose Settings > General > Location Services. Make sure that Location Services and Share My Location are turned on.
What if the location label isn’t accurate?
If you set a location label, such as Home or Work, the label will display only if your device’s location is accurate. If your device’s location is too broad to match the location that you used when you set the label, the label might not show.
What if the location circle is too large?
If the location circle is too large, wait a few minutes, then try again. The device might be determining a more accurate location, or it might not be able to provide a more accurate location. This can happen if the device is indoors with no known Wi-Fi base station around.