My son has a ton of pictures on his iPhone 6s. He is currently on iOS 10. I want to upgrade his phone to iOS 11. If I connect to iTunes and do a “backup”, will everything on the phone (including pictures) get backup up? If so, am I safe in case I need to erase and restore from the backup? Will I get all my pictures back as well? Thanks!
Does iTunes back up photos and how to view them? In fact, an iTunes backup will save nearly everything on the iPhone including pictures and videos on the camera roll. If you perform a backup and then a restore, all you doing is backing up what currently on the device and then putting it all back on. And they can be stored in your iTunes library and only for syncing to your iOS devices. If you want to check the detailed contents in that backup, a third-party tool called iFonebox can exactly do you a favor.
It’s a professional iOS backup extractor that can show you all the recoverable data and help you abstract up to 17 kinds of data such as photos, text messages, call history, calendar events, reminders, safari bookmarks, WeChat data, WhatsApp data and so on. Below are some main features of the program:
- Three independent recovery modes: recover from iOS device, recover from iTunes backup, recover from iCloud backup
- Compatibility: suitable for almost all kinds of iOS devices and iOS operating systems
- Security: it’s 100 safe and protect your personal information well
- The preview function: enables you to see the detailed information of that backup
- Selectively retrieval: you can choose the data you want to recover instead of restoring the whole backup file
- Free trial version: you can download the program and try the trial version for free to find out your missing data first
Before we start the instructions, you need to download the program to your computer. iFonebox has two available versions: Windows version and Mac version. Please make sure to install the right version for your computer. Once you have installed the program, next I will show you how to see what is stored in iTunes backup.
Step one: Launch iFonebox
Click Recover from iTunes Backup File, you’ll see all backups you have listed in the interface, choose the right backup, then click “Select” button to begin.
Step two: Scan data
It will scan automatically after you click the “photos” icon, it might take your some time, please wait patiently.
Step three: Recover data
Now you can recover the images you want from backup. Choose the items you want to restore and click the “Recover to pc”.