Can I restore deleted messages on iPhone? How to extract text messages from my already backed up iPhone using iTunes? My device is iPhone 5s, iOS 9.
Recently, we have received many emails from iPhone users to restore iPhone deleted messages just as above users. The above user has an iTunes backup for those deleted messages but he did not restore the whole iTunes backup to it. I guess he just needs to restore messages from iTunes backup, not the whole one. If you restore the whole iTunes backup to your iPhone, the existing data on your iPhone will be wiped. So, how to restore only deleted messages from iTunes or iCloud backup selectively on iPhone?
We still have methods to help you restore deleted messages from iTunes backup so long you have the help from iFonebox. It is recognized that iFonebox is a professional iOS data recovery software which enables you to recover deleted data like messages, WeChat data, contacts, notes,etc, from iPhone, iPad and iPod touch directly. Also, if you have an iTunes or iCloud backup for those lost data, iFonebox is able to access and restore lost data from backup selectively, without wiping any data on your iPhone. Pretty cool. Keep reading and steps are listed as following. (How to recover deleted messages from iPhone directly?)
How to restore deleted messages from iTunes backup on iPhone?
- Launch iFonebox. Choose Recover from iTunes Backup mode. iFonebox will detect all iTunes backup files on your computer. Just pick out one to begin the scanning process. Click Select and go.
- Scan messages from selected iTunes backup. Click on Messages item to start.
- Preview and select all deleted messages to restore. You can view and then choose those lost messages, click Recover to PC button to restore all deleted messages on iPhone.
How to restore deleted messages from iCloud backup on iPhone?
If you have an iCloud backup for your deleted messages on iPhone, you can follow the simple steps as following.
- Run iFonebox. Choose Recover from iCloud Backup mode. Sign in with Apple ID and password, then select one iCloud backup containing your lost messages to download. You can select only Messages to download as reminded by a pop up.
- Scan messages from downloaded iCloud backup. After downloading, now those messages are available. Click Messages item to start scanning.
- Preview and choose deleted messages to recover.
Also, you can recover deleted messages from your iPhone directly with iFonebox if you have no backup.